Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Zebre Rugby Club host La Rochelle in a crunch tie in Pool 4 of the Challenge Cup at the Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, where both clubs can qualify for the last eight.
Pool leaders La Rochelle will be guaranteed of a spot in the quarter-finals with victory in Italy but a win for the hosts – as well as results going their way – could mean they progress. The game gets under way at 15:00 GMT, live on DAZN.
- Zebre have won their last three home games in the Challenge Cup, as many such victories as they had recorded in their previous 17 games at Stadio Lanfranchi.
- La Rochelle have won their last four away games in the Challenge Cup, all of those victories coming by double digit margins.
Un'imperdibile doppia sfida Italia-Francia attende Benetton Rugby e Zebre Rugby. 🇮🇹🇫🇷
Le emozioni della #ChallengeCupRugby si vivono su #DAZN! 🏉 pic.twitter.com/IC6Y53gxat
— DAZN Italia (@DAZN_IT) January 18, 2019
- La Rochelle are one of just two sides to still have a 100% scrum success rate after five rounds (also Stade Francais Paris).
- La Rochelle’s Romaric Camou has beaten more defenders (25) than anyone else this season.
- Zebre’s Carlo Canna is the tournament’s leading scorer with 54 points from four tries, 11 conversions and four penalties.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
La Rochelle clinched top spot in Pool 4 of the European Rugby Challenge Cup after seeing off a battling Zebre side 22-10.
The sides were locked at 10-10 at the interval but La Rochelle turned up the heat in the second half to make it five wins out of six in the pool stages.
Second rower George Biagi was on hand to plunge over for the home side’s first half try with fly-half Carlo Canna converting to add to a penalty.
The visitors’ response was a touchdown by winger Arthur Retiere which was converted by Ihaia West who also bagged a penalty.
Le 1/4 à domicile 💛🖤
Félicitation à Jone 🖐🏼 pour son 100 eme match 👏 pic.twitter.com/zYMs6VvZwk
— RETIERE Arthur (@ArthurRetiere) January 19, 2019
But La Rochelle took charge from that point and their territorial advantage allowed West to land four more penalties although the home defence stood firm to deny them any further tries.
Zebre were defeated after a brave fight but have impressed in the pool with a haul of 14 points despite finishing behind their victors and Bristol.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page