Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Cardiff Blues travel to Stade Ernest Wallon to face Toulouse on Friday night after securing a bonus-point victory over Lyon last weekend. The two teams have met eight times previously in Europe, however this will be the first time they have clashed in the Challenge Cup.
· The seven meetings since that final have all been won by the home side on the day (Toulouse – four wins, Cardiff Blues – three wins).
· This is Toulouse’s first home match in the Challenge Cup, they’ve won 14 of 15 home games against Welsh opposition in Europe’s top flight, however.
· Cardiff have won two of their three away games against TOP 14 opposition in this tournament, beating Grenoble in 2014/15 and Pau in 2016/17.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Cardiff Blues clung on for a nerve-racking last half-hour to seal a sensational victory over Toulouse and start their Challenge Cup Pool 2 campaign with successive wins.
- A try from giant Nick Williams from a driving lineout put Blues ahead, before Romain Ntamack's try levelled the scores and Antoine Dupont gave the hosts a narrow lead at the interval.
- But flanker Macauley Cook surged over on 51 minutes and Jarrod Evans' conversion put Blues 17-15 in front.
- It was an advantage they never relinquished and Welsh celebrations at the final whistle were fully merited.
- These two clubs contested the first European Cup final back in 1996 with Toulouse winning 21-18 after extra-time at Cardiff Arms Park.
- The seven meetings after that final were all won by the home side on the day, with Blues now breaking that sequence.
- This was Toulouse’s first home match in the Challenge Cup. They won 14 of 15 home games against Welsh opposition in the European Cup.
LIVE - TEST - Commentary