Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Last season’s Champions Cup quarter-finalists La Rochelle will be hoping for another comprehensive victory when they host Continental Shield winners Enisei-STM at Stade Marcel Deflandre on Friday night.
- The French side were 82-21 winners in their Round 1 match against Enisei-STM at Krasny Yar Stadium last weekend.
- Enisei are still looking for their first away win in European competition having lost nine out of nine so far.
- The closest they have come to winning on the road was their 27-36 defeat to Bordeaux-Begles in Round 4 last season.
Du soleil et des sourires avant la réception d'@Enisei_STM vendredi ! #ChallengeCupRugby #FievreSR pic.twitter.com/GMcGQRPPav
— Stade Rochelais (@staderochelais) October 16, 2018
- La Rochelle were the top performers in Round 1, heading the charts for points, tries, metres, breaks and defenders beaten.
- La Rochelle’s Romaric Camou made 206 metres in Round 1, 53 more than any other player, and he also beat 15 defenders, six more than the next best.
- Enisei missed 34 tackles in their heavy Round 1 defeat to La Rochelle.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
La Rochelle carried on where they left off in Russia last week, as they scored 10 tries at the Stade Marcel-Deflandre in a comfortable win over Enisei-STM in the Challenge Cup.
Following La Rochelle’s 82-21 win in the reverse fixture last week, they scored two early tries through Paul Jordaan and Jone Qovu Nailiko – both converted by Maxime Lafarge – which gave La Rochelle a 14-0 lead inside six minutes.
But the Russian side hit back with a try of their own through wing Alexey Shcherban to close the gap to just seven points.
Romaric Camou crossed over for La Rochelle moments before Enisei went down to 14 men following Maxime Gargalic’s red card.
Uldis Saulite did add a second for Enisei in between two tries from La Rochelle scored by Plessis-Couilliard and another from Camou, but a final try on the stroke of half-time by Gregory Alldritt extended the French side’s lead to 40-12.
Another four tries for La Rochelle from Kevin Gourdon, Thomas Berjon, Jean-Chalres Orioli and Mohamed Boughanmi, put them way past the 50-point mark – for the second time in consecutive weeks.
Enisei, however, did show spirit until the very end through Saulite producing a memorable couple of tries to complete his hat-trick with the last play of the game and finish the match 64-26 to the TOP14 side.
La Rochelle face Bristol Bears at Ashton Gate next week, while Enisei host Zebre Rugby.
Victoire bonifiée des Jaune et Noir face à @Enisei_STM !! #ChallengeCupRugby #FievreSR pic.twitter.com/O4pijRgFJu
— Stade Rochelais (@staderochelais) October 19, 2018
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page