Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Glasgow Warriors seek a fourth win in the EPCR Challenge Cup as they welcome Bath Rugby on Friday evening.
The Warriors have won three matches on the bounce in the competition – including a 26-40 triumph on the road at USAP in Round 3.
Bath had plenty to be pleased about despite their 23-35 loss last week to RC Toulon, and will be seeking their first Challenge Cup win of the campaign.
The Pool A match kicks off at 8pm UK and Irish time at Scotstoun Stadium and can be watched on Viaplay-Premier Sports and FloRugby.
The final pool weekend sits between us and knockout rugby 🔥
Which #ChallengeCupRugby match will you be watching? pic.twitter.com/zqQGVf5Z6n
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) January 18, 2023
Glasgow’s Richie Gray: “It’s going to be a massive game. We can’t wait to get back home again – the last home match against the Stormers was probably the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at Scotstoun in a long time, so hopefully we can give the supporters a performance they can get behind.
“It’s a big match in terms of trying to secure a home knockout spot, and the noise they make can make all the difference.”
- Jack Dempsey and Josh McKay made the most metres in contact in Round 3 (30 and 25 respectively). Dempsey also beat a round-high ten defenders.
- With four try assists, Jamie Dobie has produced more than any other player – although McKay is close behind with three.
- Warriors have made the most carries (389), offloads (40), and have beaten the most defenders (75, equal with RC Toulon) in the competition. McKay and Dempsey have made four offloads apiece.
- Tom Dunn met his target with 94 per cent of his lineout throws in Round 3 – the highest success rate of any player in the round.
- Ollie Lawrence has made 48 metres in contact this season – more than any other player.
- Ben Spencer has kicked 13 bombs and thrown 167 passes in the competition – the most in the competition.
- D’Arcy Rae has made the most clear-outs in attacking rucks in the competition (20) and Wesley White has been a nuisance in more defensive rucks than any other player (10).
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
Glasgow Warriors ensured they will have home advantage in the EPCR Challenge Cup Round of 16 with an entertaining 16-16 draw with Bath Rugby at Scotstoun Stadium on Friday.
Matt Fagerson, Sione Vailanu and Sebastian Cancelliere crossed for the hosts as they were unable to make it four wins from four in Pool A.
Bath kept their qualification hopes alive as Chris Cloete dotted down and Piers Francis, Orlando Bailey and Ben Spencer all contributed penalties.
Glasgow led 7-6 after 10 minutes, with Francis kicking two three-pointers for Bath either side of Fagerson’s try.
Beauuuutiful hands from @GlasgowWarriors as they stretch their lead 😍
Watch live on @ViaplaySportsUK & @flosports 📺#ChallengeCupRugby pic.twitter.com/Hd6pzs6Z1x
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) January 20, 2023
The hosts extended their lead on 21 minutes when Vailanu dotted down, and they were handed a boost early in the second half as Francis was yellow-carded for a high tackle.
Cancelliere then finished well for Glasgow’s third try on 47 minutes, but Tom Jordan couldn’t convert for the first time on the evening and Bath were soon back within three points thanks to Bailey’s penalty.
A frantic end to the game saw Simon Berghan sin-binned for Glasgow before Spencer levelled the scores with a penalty on 74 minutes.
Tom Ellis was then yellow-carded for Bath, though there would be no further score over the remaining minutes as Glasgow moved onto a healthy 16 points in Pool A, while Bath slid up into the final qualification spot ahead of the remaining Round 4 games.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page