Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Bordeaux-Bègles host Enisei-STM at Stade Chaban-Delmas on Friday evening, needing a victory to keep their hopes alive of qualifying from Challenge Cup Pool 1. This will be just the second time the clubs have met with Bordeaux winning the Round 1 clash by 40 points, their biggest victory in Europe since a 64-7 win against Mogliano in 2013/14.
· Enisei-STM have lost each of their last four games against TOP 14 opposition by 20+ points, this after winning their first such encounter in the Challenge Cup.
· Bordeaux have won four of their last six at home (L2), while they picked up losing bonus points in both of their defeats during that run.
· Despite averaging the most tackles per game this season (164), Bordeaux have also gained the most metres with ball in hand, averaging 627 per game.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Bordeaux-Bègles kept their hopes of reaching the knockout stages of the European Rugby Challenge Cup alive on Friday evening as they claimed a 36-27 triumph over Ensei-STM at the Stade Chaban-Delmas.
- Tries from Geoffrey Cros, Iban Etcheverry, Julien Rey, Kitione Kamikamica, Jules Gimbert and Florian Dufour secured a bonus-point for the Top 14 side, who now move within six points of Newcastle Falcons, who lead Pool 1 after narrowly beating Dragons on Friday evening.
- Bordeaux-Begles raced out of the blocks as backs Cros and Etcheverry crossed in the opening 20 minutes and when centre Rey added his name to the scoresheet five minutes later the hosts had a commanding 21-6 lead, Ensei-STM's lone offerings being two Yury Kushnarev penalty kicks.
- Ensei-STM did strike back before the interval as winger Evgeny Nepeyvoda dotted down to bring the visitors within eight points at the break.
- Kamikamica pushed the Bordeaux-Begles advantage back out 10 minutes into the second period with his try, before Ensei-STM No 8 Anton Rudoy scored a brace of tries, the only problem for the visitors being his two scores were intersected by a Gimbert try for the hosts.
- Dufour crossed as the clock turned red in Bordeaux, denying Ensei-STM a losing bonus-point in the process, while the hosts remain in the hunt for a quarter-final place with two rounds to play.
Thank you @ERChallengeCup @ChampionsCup for giving me the opportunity to referee @UBBrugby V's @Enisei_STM. A wonderful display of rugby by both sides. Honoured to be given such an opportunity. A memory I will cherish ? pic.twitter.com/xFxTlWlFoF
— Joy Neville (@JoyNevilleRef) December 16, 2017
LIVE - TEST - Commentary