Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Something will have to give when Benetton Rugby host USAP in Round 5 of the EPCR Challenge Cup at Stadio Comunale di Monigo on Saturday.
They are separated by points difference alone in Pool B as they bid for the third and final qualification place from the group, with Lyon and Gloucester Rugby already through to the Round of 16.
The first Challenge Cup clash between the sides kicks off at 15:15 UK and Irish time, and will be televised live by Sky Italia.
Other key facts:
- The sides have met 10 times before in the Heineken Champions Cup, with USAP winning nine of those previous meetings.
- Benetton have won 11 of their previous 13 home games in the EPCR Challenge Cup, only suffering defeats against Gloucester (0-41 in January 2017) and Stade Rochelais (10-41 in October 2016).
- USAP have picked up just one win across their last 13 European matches (D1 L11), a 22-16 victory over Dragons in Round 1 earlier this season.
- USAP have recorded a 91% lineout success rate in the EPCR Challenge Cup this season, winning 42 of their 46 lineouts. They are one of just three teams with a success rate over 90% (also Worcester Warriors and Gloucester Rugby).
- No player has claimed more line-out takes in this season’s EPCR Challenge Cup than Benetton’s Federico Ruzza (20). USAP’s Tristan Labouteley ranks joint third (15).
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
Benetton Rugby confirmed their place in the last 16 of the EPCR Challenge Cup with a 17-7 victory over fellow French side USAP.
Victory ensured Benetton finished third in Pool B, and saw USAP eliminated from the competition.
Benetton opened the scoring with a fifth-minute penalty from Giacomo Da Re, but trailed 7-3 at half-time after USAP hit back through Edward Sawailau’s try on 38 minutes, which Matteo Rodor converted.
Stepping into life ⚡@BenettonRugby take the lead after Tomas Albornoz makes the break to score for the hosts 🏉
Watch the game live on our website >> https://t.co/C53gD8a4m3#ChallengeCupRugby pic.twitter.com/UOWDAIQog8
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) April 9, 2022
The hosts regained the lead on 51 minutes when Tomás Albornoz converted his own try. Benetton then capitalised immediately when USAP replacement Andrei Mahu was yellow-carded just three minutes after coming on.
With Mahu in the bin, Corniel Els went over and Albornoz’s conversion made it 17-7 on the hour mark.
Albornoz missed two further penalties, but USAP could not take advantage as Benetton closed out victory.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page