Over the last month we have been getting you to decide which of the eight greatest teams to grace the European Cup is the best of all in our Fantasy Match-up series, and now we are down to the final two with voting open!  

Munster’s 2006-2008 side set-up an all-Irish semi-final against Leinster by overcoming the 2001 and 2002 squad of Leicester Tigers, before edging out their Irish rivals after over 500 votes were placed, with the double European champions claiming 320 of the votes.  

They take a spot in the final against Stade Toulousain’s 1996 champions after they edged out Exeter Chiefs’ Heineken Champions Cup-winning team of 2020 by just 25 votes.  

To place your vote in the final and to be in with the chance of claiming some brilliant European Rugby merchandise, click HERE. 

We’ve also taken a look back at Munster’s road to European glory below! 

2006 quarter-final: Munster Rugby 19 USAP 10 

 Munster Rugby ensured one Irish team would feature in the European Cup final after they defeated USAP to set up a last-four showdown with Leinster.  

Declan Kidney’s side led 7-0 after 20 minutes through a Paul O’Connell try, converted by Ronan O’Gara. But winger Mathieu Bourret hit back with a try, a touchline conversion and then a penalty to give Perpignan a 10-7 lead at the break at Lansdowne Road.  

Munster would eventually secure their semi-final place with four O’Gara penalties. 

2006 semi-final: Leinster Rugby 6 Munster Rugby 30  

A first all-Irish European semi-final went to script for Munster as they dismantled Leinster in Dublin to win by a convincing 24-point margin. 

Leinster never got going, with Felipe Contepomi struggling from the outset from the Munster onslaught. Lansdowne Road was a sea of red and the players responded with a brilliant performance, with a try from fly-half Ronan O’Gara the pick of the bunch. 

Tries from Denis Leamy and Trevor Halstead also set Munster up for a deserved win in Cardiff over Biarritz in the final. 

2006 final: Biarritz Olympique 19 Munster Rugby 23  

Munster were crowned European champions after winning the European Cup for the first time after winning a gripping final against Biarritz in Cardiff.   

Heartbreaking defeats in the finals of 2000 and 2002 had upped the stakes for Munster but it was a case of third time lucky after producing the performance of a lifetime.   

A packed Millennium Stadium erupted in a sea of red after Trevor Halstead and Peter Stringer both scored tries to savour.   

And Ronan O’Gara kicked a perfect five out five to clinch an historic win for the Irish giants and spark wild celebrations that were heard all the way back in Limerick and Cork 

2008 quarter-final: Gloucester Rugby 3 Munster Rugby 16  

Munster powered into the European Cup semi-finals with a dominant display away to Gloucester at Kingsholm.  

Chris Paterson missed three early penalties for the hosts and it was the visitors who took the lead through Ronan O’Gara.  

Ian Dowling went over to give Munster an 8-0 lead and O’Gara nudged them further ahead early in the second half. Doug Howlett’s try killed off the game and Ryan Lamb’s penalty was a mere consolation for Gloucester at the death. 

2008 semi-final: Saracens 16 Munster Rugby 18  

Munster would meet Stade Toulousain in the European Cup final after a tense victory against Saracens.   

The Irish side led 15-7 at half-time thanks to tries from fly-half Ronan O’Gara and flanker Alan Quinlan.   

Winger Kameli Ratuvou crossed for Saracens in a high-quality first half and Glen Jackson landed three penalties for the English team after the break.   

But after O’Gara sent over a crucial penalty, Munster held on to secure a place in the final in Cardiff.  

2008 final: Munster Rugby 16 Stade Toulousain 13  

Munster secured their second European title in three years as they battled to a 16-13 win in Cardiff in 2008.   

In a victory built on a ferocious defensive display, Munster went ahead through a Denis Leamy try before Ronan O’Gara extended their lead further with a penalty.   

Toulouse’s Jean-Baptiste Elissalde reduced the deficit with a penalty prior to half-time, but O’Gara restored the seven-point lead with another kick after the break.    

Toulouse drew level however through Yves Donguy’s try but a third penalty from O’Gara clinched Munster’s second Heineken Cup.