In accordance with this season’s revised tournament formats, the draws for the semi-finals of the 2020/21 Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup will take place on Sunday (11 April) following the conclusion of the quarter-final matches.
The draws will take place at BT Sport’s studios in London at approximately 17.00 (UK and Irish time) / 18.00 (Italian time) depending on the finish of the ASM Clermont Auvergne v Toulouse Heineken Champions Cup quarter-final.
The proceedings will be broadcast live on BT Sport and live streamed on epcrugby.com and the Challenge Cup draw will be followed immediately by the Heineken Champions Cup draw.
The following are the key principles of the draws:
- The draws will be ‘open’ with no restrictions regarding league affiliation or nationality
- The first club drawn in each tournament will have home venue advantage in Semi-final 1 and the second club drawn will play away in Semi-final 1
- The third club drawn will have home venue advantage in Semi-final 2 and the fourth club drawn will play away in Semi-final 2
- The matches will be played on the weekend of 30 April – 1/2 May
- The draws will be for the semi-final matches only, and the countries and venues for this season’s finals will be decided by EPCR at a later date
The exact dates, kick-off times and TV coverage of the semi-finals will be announced as soon as possible after the draws.