Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
RC Toulon will be aiming to maintain their 100 per cent winning streak in the EPCR Challenge Cup as they host Zebre Parma in Round 4 on Friday night.
The French side have already qualified for the knockout stages and currently sit second in Pool A with a maximum 15 points.
Zebre, meanwhile, will be seeking their first win in this season’s competition and head into the encounter after a heavy home defeat, 11-34 at the hands of Bristol Bears in Round 3, which left the Italian team in eighth place.
Toulon edged a competitive match in the reverse fixture last month, winning 24-21 at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi.
The match kicks off at 9pm local time at Stade Felix Mayol and can be watched on beIN SPORTS, Viaplay-Premier Sports and FloRugby.
Round Three ✅
1️⃣ qualification spot left in Pool A, with 5️⃣ teams still in with a shot 👀
Bring on next weekend 🔥#ChallengeCupRugby pic.twitter.com/TzDklEv4HD
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) January 15, 2023
- Jules Danglot is the only player in the competition who has made two try assists with kicks. He has also made 10 ‘pick-and-gos’ and 49 ‘pick-and-go’ metres – more than any other player.
- Dan Biggar has made 734 metres from penalty kicks out of hand, the most in the competition. However, he has also missed as many kicks at goal as any other player (4).
- Danglot has made five break assists in the tournament with his passing – the most in the competition. Biggar is close behind with four.
- Gervais Cordin has made a tournament-high four support carries.
- Matteo Nocera has conceded nine penalties so far in the tournament. Three of them have been in the scrum, three at the ruck.
- Andrea Zambonin has made the most lineout steals in the competition with four.
- Tiff Eden has made the joint-most kicks in play in the competition with 36. A competition-high seven of them have been retained.
- Eden and Geronimo Prisciantelli have taken three and two quick lineouts respectively. No other player has taken more than one.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
RC Toulon secured a home tie in the EPCR Challenge Cup Round of 16 as they eased to victory over Zebre Parma at the Stade Félix Mayol on Friday.
It was Toulon’s fourth win from four in Pool A, with last season’s finalists picking up 19 points from a maximum of 20 in an impressive campaign so far.
Toulon wouldn’t notch until the half hour mark in the Round 4 contest, earning a penalty try as a driving maul was illegally brought down, which also saw Zebre’s Guido Volpi shown a yellow card.
Jiuta Wainiqolo TAKE A BOW 🤩
A solo wonder-try puts @RCTofficiel two scores up at the break 👏#ChallengeCupRugby pic.twitter.com/Z49J8Az87y
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) January 20, 2023
It wasn’t until the ninth minute of that sin bin that Toulon would strike again, Jiuta Wainiqolo producing a stunning individual try as he finished from halfway, Ihaia West adding the extras.
There would be no further score until 78 minutes, when Taina Fox-Matamua crossed to see Zebre end their campaign on a minor positive, though they exit the competition amid four straight defeats.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page