Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
EPCR Challenge Cup holders Lyon travel to domestic rivals Stade Français Paris in this season’s Round of 16 on Saturday as they begin a bid for a second successive title.
The visitors dropped into the EPCR Challenge Cup run after finishing ninth in Pool A of the Heineken Champions Cup.
Lyon, who earned a place in the Heineken Champions Cup thanks to their EPCR Challenge Cup triumph in Marseille last year, chalked up a solitary win from their four games – a 31-7 home success over Vodacom Bulls in Round 4.
Meanwhile, fellow TOP 14 outfit Stade Français advanced from EPCR Challenge Cup Pool B, finishing fourth as they won two from four, overcoming Benetton Rugby (24-14) and Emirates Lions (17-7), both at home.
The game at the Stade Jean Bouin kicks off at 15:00 (UK & Irish time) and is available to watch on beIN SPORTS and FloRugby.
𝔾𝔸𝕄𝔼 𝕎𝔼𝔼𝕂 👊
What #ChallengeCupRugby quarter-final match ups would you love to see? 🤩 pic.twitter.com/RLCEEWWb43
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) March 27, 2023
- Léo Berdeu scored as many points as any other player in Round 4 of the Heineken Champions Cup (16).
- Lyon scored a try during 42% of their visits to the opposition 22 in the Heineken Champions Cup pool stage, a higher rate of efficiency than any other team.
- Lyon made more offloads than any other team in the Heineken Champions Cup (62), an average of 15.5 per 80 minutes.
Stade Français Paris
- Nadir Megdoud has beaten more defenders in the EPCR Challenge Cup so far than any other player (14).
- Stade Français are yet to lose a scrum on their own feed in this tournament. They have won four penalties and three free kicks from their 26 scrums.
- Stade Français have conceded 10 turnovers in the opposition 22 – more than any other team.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
EPCR Challenge Cup holders Lyon had to come from behind twice to win 41-24 at Stade Français Paris and earn a quarter-final berth on Saturday afternoon
They will face another TOP 14 side in RC Toulon next weekend as they continue a quest for a second successive title.
Stade Français were in front at the break thanks to a penalty try and a Joris Segonds penalty, but a hat-trick of penalties from Lima Sopoaga kept Lyon in touch.
𝗟𝗲 𝗟𝗢𝗨 𝗥𝘂𝗴𝗯𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗲𝗻 𝟭/𝟰 𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗲 !
Grâce à sa victoire face au Stade Français (24-41), Lyon rejoint Toulon en quart de finale de Challenge Cup #LaForceduLOU#LaMeute🐺 pic.twitter.com/TAvLGltYVY
— LOU Rugby (@LeLOURugby) April 1, 2023
And they turned it round in the second half courtesy of a penalty try, a Baptiste Couilloud cross, converted by Sopoaga.
Stade Français edged in front again courtesy of Segonds’s boot, but Lyon once again hit back as Sopoaga slotted two more penalties in quick succession.
And Guillaume Marchand and Ethan Dumortier both followed up with late tries to add further gloss to the scoreline and keep their cup defence alive.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page