Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Leinster kick off their Champions Cup campaign live on Sky Sports with a Saturday lunchtime clash at the RDS Arena against Montpellier, who have made several quality signings over the summer including Louis Picamoles from Northampton. The Irish side will be hoping for a repeat of last season’s 57-3 victory over Montpellier in this fixture, when number 8 Jack Conan scored a brilliant hattrick.
- This will be the fifth meeting between the clubs. Leinster have lost just one of the previous four, and won both previous home games against the 2016 Challenge Cup winners.
- Leinster averaged more carries per game than any other side last season (149) and beat the most defenders per game of any side (27).
- Montpellier's Nemani Nadolo made 14 clean breaks in the pool stage last season; no player made more.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Leinster Rugby launched their bid for a fourth European title with a nail-biting victory over Montpellier in their Champions Cup Pool 3 opener at the RDS Arena in Dublin.
- It was Leinster's third successive home victory over Montpellier.
- The Irish side gained a bonus point through their four tries – from full-back Joey Carbery, flanker Josh van der Flier, centre Robbie Henshaw and wing Barry Daly.
- Carbery's try was Leinster's 400th in the European Cup.
- Isa Nacewa returned from injury to captain Leinster, but had to go off in the 36th minute.
- Leinster were reduced to 14 men for the last five minutes when Adam Byrne was yellow-carded.
LIVE - TEST - Commentary