Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Castres Olympique will aim to assert pressure on European Rugby Champions Cup Pool 4 leaders Munster Rugby and back up their comeback victory against Racing 92 last weekend as they travel for a rematch with their Top 14 rivals at the Stade Yves-Du-Manoir on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.
- After being defeated by Racing 92 on the opening day of the Top 14 campaign, Castres Olympique settled scores in the Occitanie region last weekend with a 16-13 comeback win, in a scrappy affair, which could have seen much more action.
- Racing 92 missed out on two tries last weekend with Camille Chat and Teddy Thomas both loosing the ball forward having broken clear, errors they will be desperate to rectify as they seek to bridge the five-point gulf between themselves and first-placed Munster Rugby, who travel to face Leicester Tigers on Sunday evening.
- Last weekend's encounter was the first time the clubs have met in European competition and 2016 Champions Cup runners-up Racing 92 must win on Saturday if they are to keep their hopes of making the last eight alive, while Castres Olympique could seize top spot in Pool 4 with a bonus-point victory, if only temporarily with Irish province Munster Rugby set to play in the final match of Round 4.
- Castres Olympique were let off last weekend as unforced errors saw Racing 92 miss out on two scores, but they must be watchful in defence given they boast the unwanted tag of the team who have missed the most tackles in Pool 4, slipping 75 times, while Racing 92 have won the most rucks in the group with 292 successes.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Racing 92 revived their hopes of reaching the European Rugby Champions Cup quarter-finals with a crucial 29-7 bonus-point triumph over French Top 14 rivals Castres Olympique at the Stade Yves Du Manoir on Saturday.
- Forwards Leone Nakarawa and Dimitri Szarewski both graced the scoresheet, while wingers Virimi Vakatawa and Louis Dupichot also got in on the action as Racing 92 secured a full five points, drawing them level with Pool 4 leaders Munster Rugby, who take on Leicester Tigers in the final Round 4 fixtures on Sunday evening.
- Fijian loose forward Nakarawa was already leading the offloading charts ahead of Round 4, but offered another man of the match worthy performance as Racing 92 dominated throughout, starting with his try in the opening five minutes.
- Racing 92 winger Vakatawa then crossed the whitewash in an unfamiliar fashion, peeling off the back of a driving maul and a Maxime Machenaud penalty extended the home side's lead to 17-0.
- Castres Olympique, victors in the return fixture last weekend, were offered some hope before the break as scrum-half Rory Kockott scored their first try, which he converted himself as the sides went into the break at 17-7.
- Racing 92 retained the upper hand throughout and a second rolling maul crossed with Szarewski taking the honours this time, before a double dismissal saw Kockott shown a yellow card and Racing 92 full-back Juan Imhoff shown a red card.
- Reduced numbers did not stop Racing 92 pressing on to clinch what could prove to a vital bonus point, as winger Dupichot raced round the corner in a late overlapping move as the hosts added a gloss to an impressive riposte to last weekend's defeat in Castres.
LIVE - TEST - Commentary