Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Fresh from a pulsating draw against Toulouse, Sale Sharks are back in action on Friday night against Lyon at Matmut Stadium de Gerland. This will be the first meeting between the sides in Europe but Lyon have faced Premiership opposition six times previously, winning four of those matches.
· Sale have won each of their last three games away to TOP 14 opposition, just one fewer than they’d won in their previous 16 such games (W4, D1, L11).
· Lyon have won seven of their nine home games in the Challenge Cup, including all three against Premiership opposition.
· Lyon were one of only two teams in the competition who failed to score a first-half point in Round 1 (also 2016/17 runners-up Gloucester Rugby).
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Sale Sharks were devastated after losing a 14-point lead late on against Lyon to remain winless after two games in Challenge Cup Pool 2.
- Sharks drew with Toulouse last weekend but were 14-10 up at half-time at Stade de Gerland, with wing Denny Solomona scoring his seventh try in eight games.
- Sam James also crossed the line for the Premiership side, with Delon Armitage touching down for the Frenchmen.
- When James went over for a second time after 65 minutes, Sharks were 24-10 ahead, but Aussie Liam Gill and Theo Belan levelled the scores with a try apiece and Frederic Michalak's late penalty sealed the comeback.
- Lyon have now won eight of their ten home games in the Challenge Cup, including all four against Premiership opposition.
LIVE - TEST - Commentary