Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Dragons will look to put an end to their longest losing streak in the EPCR Challenge Cup on Saturday when they travel to Benetton Rugby following four consecutive losses in the competition.
Dean Ryan’s men go into their third Pool B game of the season at Stade Comunale di Monigo looking for their first win in the competition since their 47-5 win over Enisei-STM in January 2020.
Other key facts:
- Benetton and Dragons have never faced each other in the Challenge Cup but were in the same pool in the Heineken Champions Cup in 2007/08, each team winning their away game in that campaign.
- Benetton have won 10 of their 12 completed home games in the Challenge Cup (L2), those wins coming by an average margin of 15 points.
- Dragons have won each of their six games played against Italian opposition in the Challenge Cup, by an average margin of 33 points.
- Only USAP (19) have conceded on average more penalties per game than Benetton (17) and Dragons (15.5) in the Challenge Cup this season.
- Dragons’ Josh Lewis made 175 carry-metres during his Round 2 game against Lyon, the most for a player in the Challenge Cup game this season; he is averaging 12.5 metres per carry this season, more than any other players with 10+ carries.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
Benetton Rugby picked up a first win in the EPCR Challenge Cup this season as they beat Dragons 23-9 in Round 3 on Saturday.
Dean Ryan’s visitors had gone into the interval with a slim lead at Stadio Comunale di Mongio, with Sam Davies scoring three penalties in the first half to make it 9-8 to Dragons.
However, the home side rallied back in the second half as Edoardo Padovani dotted down for his first EPCR Challenge Cup try of the season, which was duly converted by Rhyno Smith.
Smith would then go on to kick a penalty to give the United Rugby Championship side an 18-9 lead, before Tomas Baravalle’s late score secured Benetton’s first Pool B win of the campaign.
🦁 @benettonrugby are on the board 🙌
Check out the home side’s victory over @dragonsrugby 👏#ChallengeCupRugby highlights ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/xK5croflmx
— EPCR Challenge Cup (@ChallengeCup_) January 15, 2022
Benetton will travel to France in Round 4 as they face Lyon at the Matmut Stadium.
Dragons, who are still looking for their first Pool B win, host Gloucester Rugby next in Round 5.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page