Match Page - Scoreboard
Match Page - Fixed Scoreboard
Match Centre - Preview - Current Standing A v B
Match Centre - Preview - H2H
Match Centre - Preview - Form Guide
Match Centre - Preview - Last Three Meetings
Season so far
Match Centre - Preview - Season So Far A v B
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team A)
Match Centre - Preview - Tournament Record (Team B)
Agen and London Irish lock horns for the seventh time in the European Rugby Challenge Cup when the Gallagher Premiership side visit Stade Armandie in the opening round.
The French outfit will be hoping to halt a winless streak in the competition that dates back to 2018 against a London Irish side who have also struggled in the Challenge Cup in recent years.
- Agen and London Irish have met six times before in the Challenge Cup, London Irish have won five of those previous meetings, their only defeat coming in their first meeting back in November 1999.
- Agen have lost their last eight games in the Challenge Cup, their worst ever run in the competition, their last win came against Grenoble in December 2018.
- London Irish have lost their last four Challenge Cup games, their worst run since losing their first seven games in the competition back in 1996-1997.
- London Irish have a 50% win rate away from home against TOP 14 sides in the Challenge Cup, winning eight of their last 12 such matches.
- Agen averaged just one try and 9.5 points per game in the Challenge Cup last season, the lowest tallies of any side in the competition.
Match Centre - Preview - Lineups
Match Page - Summary
Match Page - Timeline
Albert Tuisue scored two first half tries as London Irish beat Agen 34-8 at the Stade Armandie in the European Rugby Challenge Cup.
The number eight opened the scoring with just over ten minutes played and added a second try before the game was half an hour old.
Steve Mafi added a further score for the English side before the halftime interval, with Agen’s only reply a solitary Noel Reid penalty.
TRRRYYYY! He's at it again 😅
A copy of his first, Big Bad Albert smashes his way over the line from a rolling maul 👊
👉 3-10 #SUAvLIR pic.twitter.com/Uhib5Eqcjn
— London Irish (@londonirish) December 12, 2020
London Irish would breach the Agen defence again minutes into the second half with Oliver Hassell-Collins crossing, before the hosts picked up their first try of the game through Tevia Railevu.
There would be no miracle comeback for Agen though as the visitors extended their lead again through a Jacob Atkins penalty and a late Phil Cokanasiga try to secure a comfortable victory.
London Irish host Pau next week in the European Rugby Challenge Cup, while Agen will look to bounce back away at Benetton.
Live Match Summary
MPU – Left Column – English
Share this page