This season Jason Eaton's team have won 12 and drawn three games on their own patch. In fact, you have to go back to 26 May, 2016 for the last time they were beaten at home - 30-14 by the eventual TOP14 champions, Racing 92.
La Rochelle's home run this season: August 2016 D v Clermont 30-30; September 2016 W v Lyon 43-18, W v Bayonne 34-17; October 2016 D v Toulon 17-17, W v Bayonne 51-24; November 2016 W v Pau 27-6, W v Toulouse 25-19, D v Racing 92 23-23, W v Gloucester 42-13; January 2017 W v Grenoble 40-3, W v Castres Olympique 22-8, W v Benetton Treviso 31-8; February 2017 W v Stade Francais 37-18; March 2017 W v Brive 36-17; April 2017 W v Bordeaux-Begles 16-5
Gloucester's record on the road this season has been mixed. They have won four, drawn three and lost eight of their away fixtures (DWDWLLLLLWDLLWL).
La Rochelle v Gloucester Rugby Match Facts
- This is Gloucester's fourth semi-final appearance in the Challenge Cup, and they've won their last two matches at this stage (L1). La Rochelle are in the last four for the first time.
- Gloucester's three previous semi-finals have all been against Aviva Premiership opposition, and their most recent success was against the Exeter Chiefs on their way to lifting the trophy in 2015.
- This will be the ninth meeting between the clubs in the Challenge Cup, and only Newcastle and Brive (12 times) have faced each other more often. Gloucester have won six of the previous eight meetings between the two (L2).
- Saturday's opponents have already met this season in the pool stage with the home side on the day winning each time. Both games were won by margins of more than 20 points.
- The Cherry and Whites have won seven of their last eight games away against TOP 14 opposition, with their one defeat in that run coming against La Rochelle in Round 4.
- La Rochelle have won just three of their last 13 matches against Premiership sides in the Challenge Cup (D1, L9), although two of those victories have come in their last two home games.
- Gloucester have recorded the best ruck success in the Challenge Cup, winning 98% and losing just 12 overall this season.
- La Rochelle (8.7) are the only side this season to average fewer than 10 missed tackles per game. The TOP 14 leaders' tackle success rate of 91% is the best in the competition.
- La Rochelle have stolen 19 lineouts this season, more than any other side, with Jason Eatonwinning seven. No other player has stolen more than four.
- Billy Burns (7) and Billy Twelvetrees (6) have made the most and second-most try assists respectively this season, while Willi Heinz and La Rochelle pair Brock James and Kini Murimurivalu are three of four players to have completed five try assists.